No guard present.
To design a guarding structure which would allow 3 different access points to the robot cell area in order to synchronize or set up the robots inside.
A flexible guard that includes:
- Suspended sliding doors secured and guided by our standard roller guide extrusion and related slider assembly.
- Safety Interlocks installed on hatch access doors and sliding panels.
- A combination of different sizes of clear anodized aluminum extrusions with accompanying lexan and blue sintra panels.
New machine guard.
To design, build and install a completely modular safety guard which incorporated mountings that were attached to the steel sub structure.
A machine guard that:
- Was totally enclosed — protecting against in-running nips and a high temperature oven.
- Included sliding doors — these required the use of less space as opposed to swing doors.
- Included using our powder coated yellow extrusions (35 X 35 mm and 35 X 70 mm) with black powder coated grid guard (1 inch X 1 inch) for optimum visibility.
- Mountings — used our standard box foot to attach the assembly to the steel sub frame.
A restrictive and brittle acrylic guard that was accessible from underneath and contained safety limit switches that could be easily bypassed.
To design, manufacture and assemble a guarding solution that incorporated: full maintenance accessibility; pre-mounted safety interlock switches; and an improved operational design while still keeping operator safety a priority.
A solution that meets all of the design criteria including a seamless transfer from the old structure to the new guard and can be provided in either clear anodized or powder coated yellow finish at NO extra cost to our client.